One of the most remarkable exhibitions in the 13th Dak’art Biennale, “The Bell of the Ants,” was not part of the official program, but rather an independent show mounted by the long-time Dakar-based collective “Laboratoire Agit’Art.” This essay offers a historically-grounded analysis of the relationship between the exhibition and the biennial at large, exploring tensions between the global and local aspirations and modern and contemporary formulations it embodies.
NEW: ARTMargins Print 11:1-2
ARTMargins Print is pleased to announce the publication of the Volume 11, Issue 1-2.
This double issue of ARTMargins consists of two sections. First comes a special issue, edited by Sven Spieker and Tom Holert (“The Heresy of Didactic Art”), followed by a section where we offer four new research articles on topics aligned with other editorial priorities.
ARTMargins Print: Vol 11, Iss 1-2
The Heresy of Didactic Art — by Spieker S, Holert T.
14 Jun, 2022
In The Vortex of Institutional Lives — by Krauss A, Thajib F.
13 Jun, 2022
Scenes of Access, Politics of Difference — by Karambeigi P.
12 Jun, 2022
12 Jun, 2022
11 Jun, 2022
Miklós Erdély, Ernst Bloch, Kurt Gödel, and Hidden Green — by Hornyik S.
10 Jun, 2022
Hidden Green by Miklós Erdély — by Bartholyì E, Orbán K.
9 Jun, 2022
The Notebook — by García D.
8 Jun, 2022
From The Editors — by
7 Jun, 2022
6 Jun, 2022
4 Jun, 2022
Reassessing Moscow Conceptualism: The View from the Nest — by Nicholas MA.
3 Jun, 2022
Photography Against Reproduction: Željko Jerman’s My Year, 1977 — by Rounthwaite A.
2 Jun, 2022
Call for Submissions
We welcome your submissions for ARTMargins Online and Print
Sign up for the AMO newsletter
Recent Online Articles & Reviews
- Investigating Intimacy: Adina Pintilie’s project for the Romanian Pavilion 01/25/2023
- Małgorzata Mirga-Tas: Re-enchanting the World, Polish Pavilion at the 2022 Venice Biennale 01/20/2023
- Roundtable on Art and Solidarity 01/09/2023
- “Situated Solidarity”: A New Curatorial Model for the European Nomadic Biennial? 12/29/2022
- Live Solidarity — Art Workers and Feminist Artistic Organizing in the Post-Yugoslav Region 11/30/2022