See below for individual titles
Hand-made digital prints, unframed. Paper size 22″ x 17”; image size varies. Signed and titled on verso
BOYM DESCRIBES THE PRODUCTION PROCESS:
“I pulled each picture manually out of the printer, its loud protestations notwithstanding. The rhythm of withdrawal is unrepeatable and so is each print. This procedure goes against both the printer’s instruction manual and the mass reproduction of the photographic images.”
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Svetlana Boym (1959-2015) was a Russian-American cultural theorist and visual artist, and a Professor of Slavic languages and literature at Harvard University. Her scholarship explored the vestiges of myth and memory, as in her acclaimed book The Future of Nostalgia (2001), a theme that also infused her multilayered, manipulated photographs.
- Svetlana Boym, Leaving LA, Printing Errors, 2003-2008, Print #12.
- Svetlana Boym, Leaving LA, Printing Errors, 2003-2008, Print #11.
- Svetlana Boym, Leaving St. Petersburg, Printing Errors, 1997-2008, Print #9.
- Svetlana Boym, Dyptich Enigma, NY, 2004. Print #7
- Svetlana Boym, Revolution 1970, 2005. Print #4.
- Svetlana Boym, Distant Allegories, Providence, RI, 2005, Print #13.
- Svetlana Boym, Hybrid Utopia, Tatlin + Butterfly, 2007, Print #4.
Suggested donation: $1200.00 each